After all of that, the technicians determined that there is a clog in the drain line between my unit and the unit below mine.
They still have work to do but this means that I didn’t do anything wrong (that I can currently see) and neither did Reliable Heating and Air.
What did I learn from the twists and turns?
- There was never any reason to get angry or upset
- All things work out as they are meant to
- If I have done everything I can think of to clean up my side of the street, I can rest easy, even when the outcome is not positive overall
- I don’t always have the exact answer to situations and that’s ok, I have to be comfortable with that
- Writing is one of the best tools to deal with inner turmoil when I have it
- So is talking to a friend
It’s been a tough 12 hours but I’m grateful to learn the lessons about my inner self and how it helps or hinders situations.
In this process, I have also:
- Made a new friend of the tech from Reliable, who was awesome
- Connected with him about sci-fi of all things, including Black Mirror
- He also shared a business opportunity with me
- Have a better relationship with the property manager
Despite my feelings, this situation had many benefits.
And I didn’t need any behaviors to get through it.